Joe Power, Inc.
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 6, 2015
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.We may combine information automatically collected with other information that we have collected about you.
- Information We Collect Directly From You. Any visitor to our Site can browse the Site without directly providing us with personal information. To register to use our Services, you must provide a username, email address, and password. In creating your profile or ads, your may choose to provide additional information, including professional information, such as your industry, trade, profession, interests, or hobbies, and contact information, such as your address or phone number. If you purchase products through our online store, we will collect your credit or debit card information and billing information.We will also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, for example your name and email address if you email us with a question.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information such as the following about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and other technologies: domain name; device ID; operating system type; device name and model; pages or screens you view; links you click; IP address; when and the length of time you visit or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we gather about you, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing Our Services. To provide our Services to you, to improve our Services, and for other customer service purposes.
- Analyzing Use of Our Services. To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis; to respond to user desires and preferences; and for other testing, research, development, and analytical purposes.
- Complying with the Law. To comply with applicable legal obligations.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose the information that we collect about you, including personal information, with the following entities:
- Affiliates.We may disclose your information to our affiliates or subsidiaries for research, marketing, and other purposes consistent with this Policy.
- Joe Power Users.Our Site is designed to connect you with other Joes and through our platform you may share information with others Joes. Your user name and avatar, and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, your ads, posts, reviews, and comments will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services.
- Service Providers.We may disclose your information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf.
We may also disclose the information that we collect about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
- Business Transfers.We may disclose your information to another entity if we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- In Response to Legal Process.We may disclose your information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order, or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information.We may disclose aggregate or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Do Not Track. Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals, but we do not track your activities once you leave our Site. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
We invite you to post content to our Site, including your photos, profession and experience, hobbies and interests, employment opportunities, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Services. If you post your own content to our Site or Services, the contents of your post, as well as profile information such as your name, user name, and avatar,will be available to all visitors to our Site. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services, including emails from us, may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account, password, mobile device and/or computer (e.g., by signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private). We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may modify the information that you have submitted by logging into your account and editing any user profile or contact information or by emailing us at [email protected].
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or modifying your marketing preferences in your account. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use our Services. Our Services are not designed for children under thirteen (13). If we discover that a child under thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at [email protected].
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site.If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.